Version 8.53P Release Notice
Solution-IV Accounting version 8.53P is a significant enhancement release to Solution-IV version 8.521P, which was released in December 2004.
The primary purpose for this release is to make available a significant number of enhancements as well as two new modules: Credit Card Processing and Service Contract Management. This version also underwent an extensive quality assurance test period and a significant number of technical bulletins are also incorporated.
This section will describe the changes made between 8.521P and 8.53P. For those customers interested in reviewing some significant changes made between 8.52P (also released in December 2004) and 8.521P, the Release Notice will remain on the web at:
8.521P Release Notes
In total, over 200 modifications have been made across all modules - from minor bug fixes to enhancements and changes requested by our customers. This document briefly describes the changes that were made in each module.
This version is still designed to run with OPENworkshop® version 8.5.2 with the Web update #1. OPENworkshop and VIP® version 4.11 are both required to use the graphical interface.
Credit Card Processing
Credit Card Processing is an integrated solution to processing and validating credit card payments through your accounting system. Seamlessly integrated with Solution-IV Order Processing, the credit card is swiped from the Order or Invoice Entry Payment screen. The card is then processed and the authorization code transmitted back to the entry screen.
Thoroughbred has teamed with Payment Processing, Inc. (PPI), the industry leader in integrated transaction processing and has integrated PPI's PPI PayMoverSM
payment gateway for credit card processing into Solution-IV Accounting. PPI PayMover provides an IP transaction payments gateway - designed for card present and card absent payments.
By eliminating having to enter the credit card information by hand, you reduce card information errors, charge-backs and fraud. PPI also offers a discounted rate when a card swipe is used and all magnetic stripe information is captured and transmitted.
The PPI system comes standard with a credit card transaction Web-based interface, which gives immediate results of all card transactions processed as well as daily financial reports to help reconcile your merchant account.
The initial version will support credit cards and debit cards used as credit cards only. A subsequent version scheduled for later this year will also support debit cards with pin pad and ACH transfers.
Payment Processing, Inc.
is the most successful company in the world focused on integrated payment processing, supporting over 600 software developers and more than 12,000 merchants with efficient, cost effective payment solutions. In 2006, PPI is on track to process in excess of $3 billion in Visa. and MasterCard. payments. PPI provides software developers with a full range of services for integrating electronic payments including gateway services, integration support, merchant support and services, and PCI security assistance.
For more information on Credit Card Processing, see Appendix F of the Solution-IV Installation & Upgrade Guide for version 8.53P or click here
to retrieve the datasheet.
Service Contract Management
The Service Contract Management system has now been field tested and is being officially released with version 8.53P. The Service Contract system helps manage service contract customers and equipment information. Equipment details, warranties, service and maintenance billing and calls, dispatch and technician scheduling are all supported.
Proper management of service contracts is a necessary element in supporting your customers and maintaining maximum up-time of their equipment. Detailed customer and equipment history, including preventative maintenance calls, upgrades, consumables and their timely management will lead to improved customer satisfaction and higher profits.
Detailed service call information provides time, materials and service technician information that can help determine the profitability of the service call and the pre- and post-warranty reliability of the equipment.
When used with the Web-based Customer Service module, customers are given the ability to request service automatically over the Internet. They can also view service call history on all their equipment.
The Service Contract Management system integrates seamlessly with the Solution-IV Reprographics system and database, adding additional capability for you to manage your business.
For those customers already using Service Contract Management, the following significant enhancements were added in version 8.53P:
- Added billing contracts with metered billing.
- Meter readings may be based on monthly, quarterly or annual contracts.
- Enhanced reporting.
For more information on Service Contract Management, see Appendix E of the Solution-IV Installation & Upgrade Guide for version 8.53P or click here
to retrieve the datasheet.
- 1099 Forms - Corrected possible alignment issues.
- Aged Trial Balance - Corrected issue with possible missing invoices on report; sort by invoice date within vendor.
- Automatic Payment Selection - Corrected possible issue with discounts.
- Check Printing - Now prints check number and date on the check stub; minor changes to laser check alignment.
- Manual Check Entry - Widened open invoice view; corrected issue with possible out of balance issues when reversing checks.
- Vendor Masterfile/Inquiry Report - Added invoice detail.
Customer Relations Module (CRM)
- Aged Trial Balance - Sort invoices by date or project; revised report to deal with credit memos tied to non-existent invoices.
- Cash Receipts Entry - Corrected error 47.
- Cash Receipts Journal & Update - Increased batch range.
- Credit Checking - Improved current balance figures.
- Credit Rating Maintenance - Added ability to put a customer on hold.
- Customer Inquiry - Open orders detail refined; allowed multi-user access to inquiry; AR/OP history view limited to current customer; improved view by customer PO #; improved invoice reprinting option; provided ability to get to contacts, contracts and ship-to's from Inquiry.
- Customer Maintenance - Premier account information added; improved deposit processing; easier maintenance of new customers; added default truck route to customer ship-to address file.
- Customer Sales Analysis - Added sort by ZIP code.
- Sales Tax by Date Report - Improved freight reporting.
CRM is a Web-based customer service module that enables customers to review their accounts, print statements and invoices, enter orders, get quotes and place service requests over the Internet.
- Increased the number of invoices displayed on the screen;
- Added column sort by PO and Project code;
- Added search field for PO or Project code;
- Added multiple logins per account with different menus;
- Added the ability to export open invoices to a .cvs file;
- Added a historical invoice view;
- Added favorites to Price Inquiry.
- Acquisition Register & Update - Corrected postings to General Ledger.
- Asset Valuation Report - Improved sort by alternate sort.
- Retirement Entry - Disallows subsequent retirement of previously retired assets.
- Forms Processing - Added the ability to e-mail native .pdf forms with color business logos without using VSI*Fax; added the ability to archive the forms as a .pdf on the FormsCreator server; added the ability to route forms via e-mail or fax to multiple contacts in the contact file; added the ability to name copies of the forms, such as Original, File, Customer, Remittance; added the ability to override the cover sheet on the e-mailed forms.
- VSI*Fax Integration - Added a graphical VSI*Fax output log.
- Statement Printing - Corrected issues with balance forward customers.
- Operator Setup - Added a new option to copy operator setup information.
- Installation - Significant changes to the installation process (see Appendix D).
- Forms Printing - Enhanced the Order Processing Order and Invoice forms as well as the Purchase Order forms.
- Detail Transaction Report - Improved display of unused accounts; added option to print by transaction number; added a summary option.
- Extended Financial Statements - Added two new column types: Period xx and Current Period minus xx; beginning balance now included in future year for INCS.
- Ratio Report - Accounts Receivable and Inventory turnover ratios now reflect a rolling 12 months.
- Restart Logic - Improved processing when temporary files are used or when the restart itself is disrupted.
- Standard Financial Reporting - % of sales column zero filled.
- Item Masterfile - Added 2nd 35-character description field; added a primary vendor to the item/whse record; added rounding override by item; added minimum amount override by item; added ability to automatically create item/warehouse records if defined in item ~DEFAULT~.
- Item Maintenance/Inquiry - Added more detail to the transaction detail option; added Price Break Inquiry, now default kit components to quantity 1; increased weight field to three decimal places.
- Item Status Report - Now suppress deleted or inactive items.
- Kits - Added new function (Kit Creation) to be used when building kits; tested all kit/component postings.
- Parameters Maintenance - Added a new flag for determining the sales analysis period.
- Period End Processing - Made adjustments to the tier file rebuild; added an option report to show tier file adjustments.
- Physical Count Entry - Added a parameter with the option of displaying the current quantity on hand.
- Physical Count Selection - Added option to select by class code; corrected from/to range formatting.
- Physical Count Update - No longer update last cost; verify that tier file is empty if physical count results in zero on-hand.
- Price Break Listing - Corrected issue on report with price levels and zero quantity.
- Price Change Maintenance - Added the option to not update inventory; now check UOM when changing contracts or price breaks; added 4 UOMs to selection screen; added option to update Suggested List Price.
- Reports (General) - Corrected issue with formatting the item code.
- Sales Analysis Report - Added option to print average quantity, sales and cost per invoice for the selected period.
- Transaction Entry - Added sort and lookup by part number.
- Transaction Detail Report - Major enhancements to look more like an inventory ledger card.
- Updates - Modified the way the tier file is updated.
- Valuation Report - Removed detail with sorts 2 and 3; added option to not display warehouses with zero quantity on-hand.
- Variance Report & Update - Corrected issues with selected warehouses and zero tiers.
- Commission Report - Corrected commission basis amount.
- Contract Listing - Minor changes to range checks and summary option.
- Deleted Order Report - Deleted orders now added to Event Log.
- Deposit Journal & Update - Correction to RMA deposit reporting.
- Deposit Report - New report created without update option.
- Historical Sales Journal - Improved performance; added costs on drop ship items; minor correction to profit journal; sales rep sort added; added ability to reproduce Daily Sales Journal from historical files.
- Invoice Entry - Tightened up serial number logic; no longer allow user to change customer code between Order and Invoice Entry.
- Invoice Inquiry - Added invoice reprint; added sales order number to screen; added option to view all payments.
- Invoice Printing - Minor corrections.
- OP Sales Analysis - Added decimal places to prevent rounding issues.
- Order Entry - New field added to determine whether or not a deposit is required for a customer; Enhanced shipping label (Mail) option; added ability to print packing list from Order Entry.
- Order/Invoice Entry - Variety of minor enhancements; now default quantities to 1; new field added to allow deletions by operator; added contract and price level to screen; corrected issues with sales tax and freight; added up-to-the-minute credit snapshots; added surcharge processing; option to view vendor part numbers; new Premier e-mail field; removed ability to override product code on lines; added F9 option to view quantity committed, ordered and backordered, uom, price, order date, customer name and order number for this item; sort history in reverse order (most recent history on top); added view of price levels; removed UPS shipping screen; added option to skip summary screen; added a file to track deleted orders/invoices; added F2 lookup on line number to view all items included on this order/invoice.
- Order/Invoice Printing - Various minor changes; see FormsCreator.
- Order Status Report - Added option by Sales Rep/Customer.
- Period End Processing - Added the ability to remove Quotes by date.
- Pickup/Delivery Maintenance - Added customer ship-to to track record; posting code and truck route added.
- Project Code - Added sales rep, commission rate and sales tax code.
- Quote Entry - Removed the "PO Required" field.
- Rebuild Sales Analysis - Added customer plus item; look for oldest invoice in historical detail file and do not clear summary sales analysis data prior to that date.
- Reprint Selected Invoices - Improved processing.
- Sales Analysis - Verified that all sorts have same totals; added multiple sorts; added average price per unit sold; allow reports to print by fiscal year.
- Sales Journal & Update - Added logic to check for empty invoices; option to save deleted invoices to history files; correct commissions on returns of serial number items; corrected sales tax; corrected actual available quantity on-hand.
- Shipping Label Printing - Added phone numbers to address lookup.
- Summary Invoice Creation - Added ranges for project and customer PO#.
- Check Printing - No longer print SSN.
- Gross to Net Calculation - Remove checking of upper and lower limits when supplemental tax rate used.
- Tax Tables - Tax tables have been updated with new information received from Commerce Clearing House (CCH) since the December 2005 release of Payroll (See Appendix F of the Solution-IV Installation & Upgrade Guide for version 8.53P for the updated Payroll Exemptions Table and list of changed states).
- W-2 Printing - Minor corrections.
System Utilities / General
- Invoice Register & Update - Now breaks down AP expenses with PO detail; corrected handling of partially invoiced POs; corrected rounding errors.
- Purchase Analysis Reports - Increased precision from 10.0 to 13.2.
- Purchase Order Creation - Copies regular comment to PO; special handling of non-stock items.
- Purchase Order Entry - Variety of minor enhancements; added sort by vendor part number; refined deletion criteria; provided ability to print PO from PO Entry.
- Purchase Order Inquiry - Made PO order history lookup available.
- Purchase Order Processing - Added detailed receipts tracking.
- Reorder Detail Entry - Corrected issues with up-arrow and views.
- Reports - Added a Historical Transaction Report.
Required and Complimentary Products
- Event Log / Period End Processing - Created a separate Event Log that tracks when Period End was run for each module and how the questions were answered.
- Views - Improved use of all views in system, converting to OPENworkshop views and making sure column widths and rows are appropriate; improved lookups on multi-key views.
The following Solution-IV version number has been assigned to this release and requires the following other products in order to run:
8.5.2 with Upgrade #1
further information, contact:
Thoroughbred Software International, Inc.
285 Davidson Avenue, Suite 302
Somerset, NJ 08873-4153
(800) 524-0430 - (732) 560-1377 - (732) 560-1594 (fax)
www.tbred.com - www.solution-iv.com