Version 8.521P Release Notice
Solution-IV Reprographics 8.51P was released February 9, 2004. This document
explains the modifications and enhancements that were made to Solution-IV
Reprographics between versions 8.51P and 8.521P. Along with the technical bulletins described below (many of which
were incorporated into version 8.52P), the 8.521P release was specifically
designed to run with OPENworkshop version 8.5.2 with the downloadable Upgrade
This section briefly describes the changes that were made in each module.
FormsCreator is a powerful, cost-effective form
design and document delivery system, based on the industry standard Crystal Reports
and VSI*FAX products, that enables organizations to deliver complex business
documents according to their needs.
Now your core accounting and Point of Sale
applications running on Windows, UNIX and OpenVMS can deliver laser quality
orders, invoices, purchase orders and customer statements directly to a laser
printer, fax output or e-mail system.
FormsCreator eliminates the need for expensive
pre-printed forms, their management and warehousing, as well as the hassles
associated with manual form loading, separation and splitting. Instead, a variety of forms can be
selectively printed, faxed, or e-mailed as the demand arises. Even the number of copies to print is a
setup parameter for each form.
For more information on FormsCreator, see Appendix D of the Solution-IV Installation & Upgrade Guide for version 8.521P.
Customer Relations Module (CRM)
CRM is a web-based customer service module that
enables customers to review their accounts, print statements and invoices,
enter orders, get quotes and place service requests over the Internet.
- Welcome and Open Invoice screens - Last invoice and payment information now displays.
- Added the ability to enter the current meter reading.
- Shopping Cart - Enhanced to now use ship-to’s defined in customer maintenance; added field verification;
added product and wildcard searches; added favorites; and special item comments may now be displayed.
Service Contract Management (SCM)
The SCM system maintains service contract, warranty, service and maintenance call information and service dispatches.When used with the CRM module, customers may place service requests over the Internet.
- Implemented Web access.
- Added call back information.
- Added the ability to track inventory by technicians trunk.
- Added a service cycle for preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Enhanced various reports.
- Payment Selection Entry - Added the ability to select from a view invoices to pay by entering PK
in the invoice number field.
- Cash Receipts Register & Update - Resolved an issue where cash receipts that have been
posted might not have been removed from the cash entry files, resulting in
potentially posting the same receipts again; resolved issue of possible
duplication of checks into Bank Reconciliation.
- Commission Report by Date - Added commissionable basis to report.
- Customer Inquiry - Resolved issues with the reprint option.
- Customer Inquiry - Resolved issues when using hotkey coming to/from inquiry.
- Invoice History Inquiry - Tightened the read range on the selection for faster processing.
- Invoice Inquiry - Corrected some total numbers in the inquiry.
- Sales Representative Maintenance - Added a new field giving the ability to calculate commissions
using a table.
- Status Change Update - Resolved issue that may occur if using FormsCreator.
- Asset Valuation Report - Corrected the amounts in the depreciation column.
- Depreciation Calculation - Added the ability to allocate the depreciation expense in General Ledger by
department and/or location.
- Fax & Email Log - View now restricts data older than 60 days old.
- OP Invoice Printing - Made minor corrections to summary invoices; added the “apply to” invoice
number; removed extra page that might print with summary invoices.
- Order/Invoice Printing - Revised some fields for clarity.
- Printer Maintenance - Added the ability to remove printers.
- Statement Printing - Resolved possible Error 43’s.
- Summary Invoices - Added ability to print summary invoices using FormsCreator.
- Extended Financial Statements - Increased the number of available columns from 10 to 25.
- Standard Financial Statements - Actual vs. Budget future current period figures corrected.
- Average Cost - If no average cost in the Item/Warehouse file, use last cost instead.
- Inventory Adjustments - Corrected issues where negative adjustments caused problems in the tier file.
- Item Masterfile Maintenance - Added new commission calculation method.
- Item Inquiry - Corrected item formatting issues in Item Inquiry.
- Parameter Maintenance - Added new formatting options for items.
- Period End Processing - Added ability to recalculate the average cost on LIFO, FIFO, Serial or Lot
- Transaction Entry - Added ability to lookup by item code or vendor part number.
- Transaction Entry - Receipts - Corrected possible issue with UOM conversion.
- Transaction Register & Update - Corrected issues associated with serial items, serial item
returns, transfers, lot/serial items and cost. Removed setting of unit cost.
- Valuation Report - Corrected sort issues.
- Variance Report & Update - Corrected issues were some updated quantities weren’t being posted.
- Average Cost - See Inventory Control.
- Contract Listing - Added summary only option.
- Deleted Order Report - Added event log messages.
- Invoice Entry - Corrected issue where lot/serial lines weren’t copied from an order to an invoice;
corrected issues with committed quantities; corrected issues with pre-filling quantities on lot/serial items.
- Invoice Printing - Added the invoice square foot comment.
- Order Entry - Cash Customers - Added ability to enter quotes, orders and RMA’s for cash customers,
even if the operator is normally not allowed to enter point of sale transactions.
- Order Printing - Added Order Instructions to report.
- Order Reports - Corrected issues with printed flags.
- Order/Invoice Entry - Forced entry at payment screen, if applicable; corrected issue with drop
shipments and serial type items; added special code for calculating Tennessee
sales tax; added commission calculation for table-based commission methods;
corrected issue where the warehouse code might be missing.
- Order/Invoice Printing - Corrected issues with FormsCreator forms if report width > 99 characters.
- Order Status Reports - Added last operator to reports.
- Packing List Entry - Corrected issue where prices were improperly calculated in Packing List Entry;
corrected issue where special packing lists might not be printed.
- Picking Ticket Printing - Corrected issue where quantities on the picking ticket might be
incorrect if the order was created from a quote.
- Price Inquiry - Corrected issue where the square foot extension might be zero.
- Quote/Order/Invoice Entry - Added the ability to move the instruction text from quotes to orders to invoices.
- Reprint Selected Invoices - Added a new option for reprinting invoices.
- Sales Analysis Reports - Corrected issue where descriptions may not print on report; added
ability to report all sales by sales rep in addition to commissionable sales by
sales rep; corrected an Error 43.
- Sales Journal & Update - Corrected issue where the sales analysis files may not always be updated;
added drop ship costs to profitability report; corrected issues with quantities
committed in item/warehouse records; corrected possible issues with UOM
conversions and backorder quantities.
- Summary Invoice Creation - Enhanced to allow entry of invoice date instead of always using the
terminal date; last operator code corrected.
- Summary Invoice Report - Provided the ability to print summary invoices on standard invoice forms.
- 2004 December Release - All changes necessary for the printing of 2004 W-2 forms as well as the
creation of magnetic media files have been incorporated; all tax table changes released by CCH through December 10, 2004 have been provided for the 2005 tax year.
- Average Cost - See Inventory Control.
- Expected Delivery Report - Now suppresses the printing of lines that have been fully received.
- Period End Processing - Corrected possible issue with override UOM’s and On-PO quantities.
- Purchase Order Entry - Added a warning when an item is on another line of the same PO; corrected
issues where a PO had lines deleted and the On-PO amount wasn’t updated properly.
- Receipts Entry - Corrected issues associated with negative receipts of serial-type items.
- Transaction Entry - Corrected issue with two or more receipts, returns or invoices for the same PO
in the same batch.
- Hotkey - Corrected focus issues; corrected issues with reprints if entered Customer Inquiry via
- Logoff - Corrected a timing problem that may occur if VIP was turned on.
Required and Complimentary Products:
The following Solution-IV version number has been assigned to this release and
requires the following other products in order to run:
8.5.2 with Upgrade #1
further information, contact:
Thoroughbred Software International, Inc.
285 Davidson Avenue, Suite 302
Somerset, NJ 08873-4153
(800) 524-0430 - (732) 560-1377 - (732) 560-1594 (fax)
www.tbred.com - www.solution-iv.com